The Human Rights Today report: A well known photo journalist has killed in Bangladesh. The killed journalist Shafiqul Islam Mithu was working for the ATN Bangla. ATN is a popular private TV station of Bangladesh. Mithu’s dead body has found at the embankment of Turag river on 9 May, 2010.
According to the daily Sangbad (10 May, 2010), some injuries have on throat, hand and chest in the dead body of Mithu.
Farhana Hossain Mery is wife of Mithu. She is pregnant of four months. Only one daughter of Mithu, Meherun Islam is studying in class six. Mery has told to the police that Mithu was talking with her at 9.45pm on 8 May, 2010. Mithu told her that, the official work has finished. Just after some moment he will come to the house. But he didn’t come. In this connection his brother has filed a general diary to the local police station Dokhinkhan. After founding the dead body a murder case as been filed to the Turag police station by killed Mithu’s younger brother Rahamotullah.
Before this killing another prominent journalist Foteh Osmani has killed in Sylhe31 journalist and writer have been killed in last 17 years.
Photo journalist killed
Posted in Press freedom | Leave a Comment
- Reality and speech?
- Why they want to stop my Pen?
- The Holocaust and Guenter Grass: We want Peace!
- Journalist couple Sagar-Runi murder: Where is Justice?
- A friend request from Mayor Liton and my answer
- Politics with black law Vested Property Act.!
- Norwegian Firosa will go Bangladesh for searching parents and brother-sisters!
- Just posted a photo @ Trolltunga instagram.com/p/BSJ54lkgWSn/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Gaustatoppen instagram.com/p/BSJ5gNFATLG/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Galdhøpiggen instagram.com/p/BSJ5YPqg8lC/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Trolltunga instagram.com/p/BSJ5QzmAoy5/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Tyssedal, Hordaland, Norway instagram.com/p/BSJ5McDAckz/ 1 day ago