Jahangir Alam Akash: Another prominent and senior journalist has killed in Bangladesh. Journalist Foteh Osmani was working from Sylhet. He was the regional staff correspondent of the weekly 2000. He also was worked for the daily Bangla.
Foteh Osmani was attacked by the terrorists on 18 April, 2010. He was attacked by sharp weapons. Then he was admitted to the Apollo Hospital in Dhaka. And he was died there on 28 April. Before his killing at least 29 journalists and an eminent writer Professor Humayun Azad were killed in since last 17 years in Bangladesh. At least four journalists have killed during the present grand alliance government led by Awami League.
Supporters of the student wing Bangladesh Chattra League (BCL) of ruling party Awami League have beaten two journalists on 4 April. The persecuted journalists are Anis Raihan (Shaptahik) and Foyez Ahmed (Weekly Budhbar). BCL activists have tortured to journalist Jasim Reza (daily Kalerkantha) and journalist Soliman Salman (Manadzamin). It was happened on April 8.
Many journalists have persecuted by the government supporters including by some member of parliament. One after another attacks have been happening on the press by them in Bangladesh.
On the other hand one after another private channel have closed by the government. Just after going to the test transmission Jamuna TV was closed by the present government. On 27 April, 2010 Channel 1 was shut down by the government. At least 400 journalists and workers were working in Channel 1. Now they are fully jobless.
Before this government former BNP-Jammat government has closed the popular private channel Ekushey TV in 2002. Later in 2007 (September 6) another popular TV Channel CSB News has closed by the army backed Caretaker Government. CSB News was the first 24 hours news channel in Bangladesh.
ETV, CSB, Jamuna and 1, after which TV is next for shut down?
Another journalist killed: continuous attack on press in Bangladesh
- Reality and speech?
- Why they want to stop my Pen?
- The Holocaust and Guenter Grass: We want Peace!
- Journalist couple Sagar-Runi murder: Where is Justice?
- A friend request from Mayor Liton and my answer
- Politics with black law Vested Property Act.!
- Norwegian Firosa will go Bangladesh for searching parents and brother-sisters!
- Just posted a photo @ Trolltunga instagram.com/p/BSJ54lkgWSn/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Gaustatoppen instagram.com/p/BSJ5gNFATLG/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Galdhøpiggen instagram.com/p/BSJ5YPqg8lC/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Trolltunga instagram.com/p/BSJ5QzmAoy5/ 1 day ago
- Just posted a photo @ Tyssedal, Hordaland, Norway instagram.com/p/BSJ5McDAckz/ 1 day ago